- bcon3 started last Wednesday, July 29th.
- Status update of the pending projects:
- Brecht Van Lommel suggested making the Experimental panel not available for beta/release builds. If anyone has any feedback on this, keep an eye for when the patch shows up.
- Blender has 916 “Needs Developer Attention” issues at the moment.
- For next week, since it is the second bug sprint of 2.90, Dalai Felinto will prepare a per module breakdown of this number to help the focus during the sprint.
- It helps everyone if the modules can do a pass first, at least helping classifying bugs/known issues and setting priorities.
Release Communication Week
- Next week, in parallel with the bug sprint, the communication team + blender animation studio, will help prepare the final release logs, sample files, video, …
- Developers are still to do the first pass for the wiki release logs:
- Jeroen Bakker will do performance graphs for the animation playback performance gains.
- Sebastián Barschkis planned a short demo for the OpenVDB integration.
- If Add Object will still make into 2.90 it also needs mention/image/video in the log.
Google Summer of Code
- The second evaluation is this week - from July 27 20h CEST, to Friday, July 31 same time.
- Mentors are encouraged to talk to their students if they need any clarifications before this evaluation. But please don’t wait until the last minute to send the evaluation.
New Features and Changes
- User Interface
- Improve multiresolution modifier layout (commit ) ( Hans Goudey )
- Add an outer boundary for edge panning, use in outliner (commit ) ( Hans Goudey )
- Reorganize grease pencil snap pie menu (commit ) ( Antonio Vazquez )
- Move override operations into own section of the ID outliner menu (commit ) ( Bastien Montagne )
- Add reset operations to the outliner menu (commit ) ( Bastien Montagne )
- Many other fixes and improvements ( Bastien Montagne )
- Drivers: add lerp and clamp functions to namespace (commit ) ( Alexander Gavrilov )
- Modifiers: option to preserve custom normals for subdivision surfaces and multiresolution (commit ) ( Cody Winchester )
- VR: change how landmarks affect viewer pose (commit) ( Julian Eisel )
- Use PTX kernel to automatically support future graphics cards (commit ) ( Patrick Mours )
- Adjust Sky texture intensity to follow physical units (commit ) ( Brecht Van Lommel )
- UV: remove selection threshold for nearby coordinates (commit ) ( Campbell Barton )
- Modeling: disable add object tool for 2.90 release (commit ) ( Campbell Barton )
- Fluid: Added new option to control the maximum number fluid particles in the simulation (commit ) ( Sebastian Barschkis )
- Python API: pass dependency graph to drivers (commit ) ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- Modeling: add object tool option to place on the surface normal (commit ) ( Campbell Barton )
- Sculpt: add extra deform types to slide (commit ) ( Pablo Dobarro )
- Sculpt: Support pen pressure modulation in paint brush properties (commit ) ( Pablo Dobarro )
- UV: significantly improve performance of smart project (commit ) ( Andreas Terrius, Campbell Barton )