A new short 3d Blender 2.83 animation of Second World War soviet fighter aircraft. This short introduced the story of the «Normandy Niemen» regiment, an air squadron of the French Air Force that fought nazi Germany during the Second World War on the Eastern front, from 1942 to 1945.
I was learning and getting myself up to date for the new 2.83 version of blender and decide to create a CGI animation with aircraft and war environment.
- Assets modeled and animated on Blender 2.83 (Some assets are from Blendswap, CgTrader, Turbosquid…)
- Assets textured on Subtance Painter
- Assets rigged in Blender 2.8
- Full PBR Textures, on all assets.
- Characters: the base mesh comes from Adobe Fuse. Animation are from Mixamo, skining done in blender.
- FX Simulation on Blender 2.83 Mantaflow
- Render with Blender 2.8 Cycles with 400 samples for the interior shots, and 200 samples for the outdoor.
- Render times: ≈ 119h
- Post-production and compositing on After Effects 2020