In this video I do 3d scene breakdowns for some of the CGI renderings in the CityBuilder 3d add-on trailer. This one is long so don't be afraid to skip around to see different setups!
Trailer Breakdown Video:
The general process for creating these scenes is as follows:
- Add a plane and a camera to your scene.
- Add a few smaller CityBuilder 3d add-on assets to your scene. Make them into a collection.
- Add a hair particle system to your plane and make it be seen as a ground material. Connect your CityBuilder 3d asset collection to this particle system.(Adjust the settings scale or add more assets to the particle system).
- Position and animate your camera in the scene to make a cool cityscape flyover shot.
- Add some larger CityBuilder 3d assets to your scene; placing them more specifically in your scene to create awesome parralax with the smaller assets distributed across the particle plane.
- Add a background plate as an image with an emission material.
- Add a sun and a sky environment that matches your background plate.
- Try some test renders and tweak further untiil you make something awesome!
Enjoy and let us know what you want to see/learn next!