- A new proposal for Unified Simulation System proposal was written by Jacques Lucke.
- Some devtalk.blender.org proposed changes to help separate development areas and user topics are in place. Julian Eisel raised some issues on keeping topics that are not strictly development related.
- New developer.blender.org “maniphest” query to track what needs attention from developers. It is the new default query, and tracks all that is open but “Known Issues” and “Needs Information from User” - this is also the query used to get the number for the tracker curfew progress .
Blender 2.82 - bcon3
- Libraries are being upgraded to match the VFX reference platform 2020. (task )
- The 2.82 Workboard was updated by Brecht with the missing documentations and critical bugs. Mantaflow bugs were not visited, but Sebastian Barschkis will tag them accordingly.
- Reminder to developers to at the very least update the release log after committing a feature.
- Aaron Carlisle (blendify) can help with the Reference Manual  update, but it is up to the developers to be sure Aaron has everything he needs to document the feature (help him with images, and pointing him where he can learn how to use the features. If not sure about this contact release manager - Nathan Letwory (jesterKing).
- Ray (LazyDodo) asked for review of D6542 , which Brecht did during the meeting already.
Blender 2.83 - bcon1
- Bastien Montagne brings the attention to T73268 . The developmenet team should investigate other ways to make complex GTests, than linking whole blend code over and over.
- Dalai Felinto brings up that we did a really bad job in 2.82 of spreading new feautures throughout the bcon1 cycle. Let’s not let everyone to the last days again.
Changes and New Features
- Hair physics collision was much improved, sharing code with the cloth solver. (video ) ( Luca Rood )
- Python no longer uses environment variables like
--use-python-envis specified on the command line. This prevents hard to understand crashes when such environment variables point to incompatible Python versions. ( Campbell Barton )
- Scene preview frame range is no longer clamped to the render frame range. ( Sebastian Parborg )
- Extend selection with the Tweak tool is now more responsive, happening on mouse press. ( William Reynish )