- As part of maintenance ensure 2.81 and 2.81a are properly tagged. After that the old 2.81 stabilizing branch can be dropped.
- Linux archive name will be simplified to
blender-$version$-linux64.tar.gz, dropping the modifiers
- Sergey Sharybin will see to it Mantaflow gets fixed by Sebastián Barschkis.
- Antonio Vazquez is working on Grease Pencil refactor. As part of this is refactor of area related to datablock evaluation for modifiers. He requests help from Sergey Sharybin on this.
- LANPR will be after 2.83
- Dalai Felinto would like to move the morning meeting from 10:00 CET to 11:00 CET. Monday morning meetings will from 27th January on be on 11:00 CET (10:00 UTC).
Changes / New Features
- Add OptiX AI denoiser support ( Patrick Mours )
- Remove is_annotation parameter ( Antonio Vazquez )
- Support 3D arrow gizmos in 2D spaces ( Campbell Barton )
- Use compatible scale values between 2D/3D gizmos ( Campbell Barton )
- Use pivot center for UV gizmos ( Campbell Barton )
- Industry Compat keymap: Support MMB for immediate transform tool use again ( William Reynish )
- Pose Brush with Inverse Kinematics ( Pablo Dobarro )
- Properly export objects whose parents are not exported ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- Removed ‘Visible Objects Only’ exporter option ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- Removed exclusion of ‘Holdout’ collections ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- Removed from experimental features ( Sybren A. Stüvel )
- DNA: mark OrigSpace structs as run-time ( Campbell Barton )
- Edit Mesh: pass in Mesh instead of BMEditMesh to EDBMupdategeneric ( Campbell Barton )