TLDR; Open BETA is live! Come check it out and sharpen your texturing skills for free.
You may remember me from a few weeks ago. I made a post saying I'm working on a resource to practice texturing.
The post blew up, and I got hundreds of responses and DMs telling me how excited they are, can they donate models/money etc. I realized I was onto something with a lot of potential, so I decided to pour a ton of more effort into the development of this idea.
Originally, the 3D Coloring Book was just going to be a simple google drive folder filled with assets.
After some feedback and awesome advice, it turns out thats super clunky and not very intuitive (who would have guessed??)
SO, after a few weeks of extremely hard work, I've made some MASSIVE upgrades to the 3D Coloring Book.
- The 3D coloring book is now a full-fledged course (free of course) and hosted on my own personal website. Each 'page' of the coloring book now hosts everything you will ever need for that specific page.
- Community show and tell! Each page now has a comments section, where you're encouraged to show off how you creatively managed to texture your asset.
- Categorization: Each asset is now properly organized into 5 convenient chapters:
- Environments & Architecture
- Sci-Fi & Hardsurface
- Note: Handpainted assets are available for each chapter, and are marked with the '🖌️🎨' icon :)
- Life Reference Utility: Each page has a LIVE rendering of each textured asset, so you can rotate, zoom in and inspect the asset's finest details. This is something I wish I had during my studies, so I HAD to take the extra time to get this implemented.
- Asset Upgrade! I've added a ton of higher quality assets, taking time to make sure each asset is up to the high quality standard that I have set for the book.
- Massive graphical update: each page is now accompanied by a full graphic with tons of info and images regarding the coloring page, including a handy palette helper, highlighting the main colors that are being utilized in the asset.
I was going to wait until the book was 100% completed, but this community was so helpful with advice and critiques, I wanted to open up beta early and provide you guys will FULL access so you can hop in there and try it out for yourself.
Again, the sign up is here.
I am going to be adding more assets daily, so check in every day to see what new stuff is added!
Resources section: Coming soon! I'm waiting to finish the book before I start adding reference images, tutorials etc.. but it is in the pipeline.
Assets on a rotating schedule: I'll be rotating assets in and out of the book, so you have a reason to hop in every month and check out what's new!
Where can I follow you for updates on the 3D Coloring Book?
I mostly let people know when a new page is live on Twitter, But I'm thinking about starting a subreddit where people can share their work, I can post updates etc... what do you think?
As always guys, I can't wait to see where this product takes us :) Thanks to this amazing community for its continued support and motivation!