The UVPackmaster team is proud to announce that the version 2.2 of our UV packing add-on was released. This update introduces a lot of new features:
New STANDARD and PRO editions features:
- Save/Open Preset - UVP provides a ton of options now, so to improve user experience a preset system was added in this version - using the ‘Save Preset’ button you can write all current packer options to a file. At a later time use the ‘Open Preset’ button and select the given file in order to restore saved values.
- Packing Box - you can now define a UV rectangle where islands should be packed to, so you are not limited to the default [0-1] UV square. You can specify the packing box by typing exact coordinates, you can also use the mouse cursor to draw the packing box directly in the UV editor.
PRO edition only features:
- Per-Island Rotation Step - define a rotation step separately for every island. For example you can disable rotations entirely for specific islands while keeping the default rotation step for all other islands.
- New grouping mode: Pack Groups to UDIM tiles - yes, Blender does not support UDIM yet, but UVP already provides UDIM packing options. In this mode, rather than packing all groups together, the add-on packs every group into a separate UDIM tile. Note that this new mode is compatible with other packer options like ‘Lock Overlapping’, ‘Heuristic Search’, ‘Pixel Margin’. This mode is also another case where add-on may take advantage of all packing devices installed in the system (CPU + all Cuda-enabled GPUs) - it can pack many groups at the same time - one group for a single packing device. In case of ‘Heuristic Search’ all devices will simultaneously handle packing of all groups repeatedly.
Other minor improvements implemented in this version:
- Search On All Devices’ option was renamed to ‘Use All Devices’ as now add-on may use all packing devices not only with heuristic search. The option was moved from the ‘Heuristc’ panel to the ‘Packing Devices’ panel.
- fake ‘NO UV face selected’ error should be fixed now
- slight interface refactoring - subpanel order has changed
- improve compatibility with older Linux distributions
- minor bug fixes
Note that despite Blender 2.8 was officially released, the new add-on version continues to fully support Blender 2.79.
Remember that you can test all new options without buying the product by downloading the demo version for free.