In today's Blender Developers meeting it was confirmed that 2.80 will be released tomorrow. Are you ready for it? :)
- Blender 2.80 is now planned to be released tomorrow on July 30, we aim to add the last commits and make the builds today. See bf-committers for coordination.
- The master branch is open for 2.81 development. The aim is to keep master stable at all times. As a reminder:
- New features and changes must be complete.
- Use code review.
- Release notes must be ready along with the commit to master.
- Add automated tests where possible.
- Be available for bug fixes and feedback after committing.
- Blender is now available on the Snap Store for Linux, maintained by the Blender Foundation. Thanks to Gustavo Niemeyer for helping set this up.