Some days ago I read on Science News Magazine a story about a high definition MRI made on a human brain. In the video presented on the story was possible see the slices of MRI and I thought that it could be a good opportunity to test some tools on Linux 3DCS and OrtogOnBlender.
So this was the step-by-step:
- Download the video with Video DownloadHelper;
- Convert video into an image sequence with FFMPEG;
- Force a conversion to grayscale with ImageMagick;
- Select only a half of more than 1200 slices, because it can crash the computer;
- Convert grayscale sequence into a DICOM sequence (inside OrtogOnBlender);
- Reconstruct the voxel data from DICOM;
- Reconstruct 3D mesh from DICOM.
I hope you enjoy. A big hug!