Blender-addons.org is a new website that lists add-ons for Blender 2.8 and for now, focussed on content as follows:
- Add-ons compatible with Blender 2.8.
- Mentions the culprit the users might stumble upon when installing and using the addon the first time.
- For now the focus is mainly on Free addons, addons with "name a fair price", or addons that have a free and a pro-version. This to promote an environment where the visitor can browse for free addons if that's the choice. There is a shop though (with 1 product for now), but doesn't interfere the browsing experience. There will also be adds on the left but doesn't affect browsing experience when looking for free addons.
- Provides links to download and links to full documentation if there is any.
For now the website counts a list of 40 addons (200 addons would be nice). If you want to help (Let me know in the comments), I am looking for addons in this criteria first:
- Works with Blender 2.8
- The main features of the addon has to work.
- Addons that would benefit a wide range of users.
- Preferably well maintained.
If you know addons that are missing, let me know.
The websites provides:
- Categories, Tag, and Search when looking for addons.
- Shop and possibility to donate. Donation wel be used to improve the website (template, space, security) and I hope I can paid the costs of hosting the website).
- The website send a lot of traffic back to Blenderartists.org and Github where most addon's are originated from. Most of you know I did an earlier attempt to list addons in a thread on Blenderartists.org, but the list got so big and was harder and harder to maintain. Since I am an addon-addict, I started a website dedicated to Addons for Blender 2.8
Robert, founder New Media Supply (Peetie on Blenderartists.org).