The popular open-source voxel editor MagicaVoxel has just received a nice update to its renderer:
- Matter->Cloud: Media material which supports multiple scattering inside volume.
- Sample->MIS-GGX: Multiple Importance Sampling (MIS) for GGX surfaces (Metal/Plastic/Glass) for better reflection.
- Sample->TR-Shadow: Tranlsucent Shadow which allows light passing though glass and cloud voxels. Only Glass->Attenuation can affect the light color.
- can adjust Bounce->Diffuse/Specular/Scatter path depths separately.
- can assign glass/cloud materials to sphere/cylinder shape voxels (for experiments only).
- the renderer pipeline is refactored, which needs more time to improve, optimize and fix bugs.
- some features such as fog scattering requires more researches.
- frame drops and noises are expected.