Johannes Steidele presents a new, super in-depth introductions to texturing in Blender.
A Tale of UVs & Textures and Tex Tools - pars 1 of my new series.
This is dedicated to the many people who have done some texturing and UV unwrapping but didn't understand the many, many essentials behind it (like myself in the early days).
Here are the topics (random order) :
- Tex Tools (by renderhjs)
- UV margins -> advanced
- Bleeding and Padding
- Textures and Pixels ( +color depth, etc. )
- Texture Limitations ( Hardware )
- Simplify and Textures
- VRAM and Textures
- Texture Output formats
- Texel Density
- Introductory: How to place UV seams
- Texture Filtering
( Image node based: Linear, Bilinear, Cubic + general: Minification and Magnification )
- Aliasing and Anti-Aliasing
- and much more...
Some of the planned videos to come:
- An in-depth view on TexTools and TextureBaking
- Substance Painter
- Marvelous Designer -> how to export to Blender and how to retopo easy and efficiently for Baking the fabric normals.
...including how to make these 2 kitbash modules that you can get for free.
I also updated my Patreon (you might want to give me a chance here and watch the tutorial first, maybe I can convince you to support this endeavor :P )
High five for reading this.
Have a great day.