Aidy Burrows writes:
One danger is that the default settings sadly don't help us.
Other dangers of bump/normal maps are that we don’t directly see them like we would a color map, instead we see more how the light bouncing off the surface has changed because of them.
That means it isn’t always immediately obvious what the problem with the bump/normal map might be, where the problem stems from or how to fix it. So to immunize ourselves to all of this we’re going to hold these problems betwixt tweezers for inspection!
- Problem 1 – Default image settings
- Problem 2 – Color Spaces in multiple menus
- Problem 3 – File types
- Problem 4 – Oversharp bump artifacts
- Problem 5a – Baking from a shader
- Problem 5b – Baking from an object
Useful for reference! And if you think we should add more info into the article let us know! :)