Hey Blender Heads ! The Version 2 of Font Selector is out and stable !
Font Selector is a simple addon to add font functionality to blender. It allows you to dynamically visualize available fonts applied to a text object without the painful process of importing a font through filebrowser.
This version is only compatible with Blender 2.8x.
Here is an overview of Font Selector v2.0 features:
Changelog version 2:
- Blender 2.8x support
- Multi File Addon
- Complete rewrote of the external file system, now works in json, more reliable and fast
- Startup Check behavior, automatic update of the Font List if changes occur in the Font Folders
- Refreshing List is now a modal operator, doesn't freeze Blender UI anymore
- Open GL Progress Bar to track the progress of the Refreshing of Font List
- Change Font supports several text objects selected
- Fake User Font Button, kind of per project favorite with advantage of regular fake user (keep data block in Blend File)
- Export Fonts additional options (zip or folder, fake user fonts, favorites fonts, or both)
- Support for Font Changing of Text Strips in the Video Sequence Editor
- Relink of Font if Font List has changed
- Missing Font alert if Font no longer exists in Font List, possibility to open the Font Folder of the Font datablock if there is any
A lot of improvements here and there, i hope this could be useful for some ! Feel free to criticize and give some feedback !