The tutorial demonstrates how how generate a costume terrain inside Blender 2.8 using Blender's generated cloud images that act as a height map to create the landscape look. Additionally, you can customize the scale and the amount of details of the terrain depending on what look you're aiming for. Great for building large terrains for films and games in Unity3D and Armory
Steps in the video:
- Add a plane. Subdivide it into 60k+ vertices
- Add displace modifier. Create new image.
- Set the midlevel to 0. Strength to about 0.2 - 0.5
- Open textures tab, select clouds.
- Set the scale and detail to your liking
- Enable color ramp for further adjustments.
- White represents the highs. Black is the low levels.