Flamenco is the render management software developed and used by the Blender Animation Studio. A few days ago a new version was released with all the goodies they developed during the production of their new short Spring. Some of the highlights are:
- Smarter progressive rendering
- Rendering of video sequences into chunks of videos (which are later combined into a single video) so that re-rendering bits of the sequence doesn't require re-compressing the entire video file.
- Creation of render jobs now only requires to to send new & updated files, rather than sending all files, reducing both transfer time and storage requirements.
- Authorization for the Flamenco Manager dashboard and Worker registration.
- And many more features & bug fixes...
The use of Flamenco is included in Blender Cloud subscriptions, and of course Blender Cloud has already been updated to the latest Flamenco Server.