New Features and Changes
This week was mostly about bug triaging and fixing. About 80 bugs were fixed this week.
- NLA: insert keyframes now works correct for blending modes other than replace. This fixes an old problem, making the NLA much more practical as a tool for animation layering.
- Preferences: new option for header position at top/bottom.
- Grease pencil: new curve primitive tool (video).
- Optimizations for production .blend file loading, together around 10-25% faster on Spring files.
- FFmpeg: enable multi-threaded encoding of multiple frames, for a ~20% speedup.
- EEVEE: improve bent normal calculation for more accurate indirect lighting.
- Richard Antalík is the new maintainer of the video sequencer. He has done work towards real-time playback, with a cache and proxy management rework in progress already. Welcome! (mail)
- Bastien will do the first code review of mantaflow.