Here are the notes from this week's developer meeting.
1) Blender 2.8 Beta
Finally released! For info see here.
The bug tracker is open again for general reports and is being flooded.
Developers focus on triaging and fixing. Some interesting tracker stats are
2) New Features and Changes
- Left click select as default, spacebar defaults to play animation (see below).
- Toolbar added in node editor.
- Font textbox overflow methods: overflow, truncated and scale-to-fit.
- Better thread scheduling for AMD Threadripper and EPYC NUMA.
- New Timer API for addons.
- Workbench studio lights were changed from HDRIs to 4 distant lights, have
preset support, and now use PBR materials.
- Cycles: new runtime profiler that measures time spent in various parts of
the CPU kernel.
- Annotations have onion skinning support again, useful for animation notes.
3) Other Projects
4) Weekly Reports