Loïc Norgeot writes:
BakeMyScan is an Open Source toolbox for asset optimization, useful for 3D scans post processing, onilne publishing, game assets creation, sculpting, low-poly art, 3D printing and WebGL/VR/AR applications!
- 4 interfaces with Open Source remeshing software: Instant Meshes, Quadriflow, Meshlab and MMGtools
- 3 homemade remeshing/retopology methods (quick quadrilaterals and naive or iterative decimation)
- Easy PBR setup to import textures and mix materials
- Lightning-fast texture baking between high-res and remeshed models (supports PBR)
- Python scripts to batch-process models from the command line
- Unified import to forget about file formats
- Common pre-processing steps in one UI
- Symmetry and Mesh Relaxation made easy
- Export axis aligned orthographic views
- Export a model and all its textures at once
- Local HDRI preview (experimental)
- First: fixing bugs + tutorials, videos and website !
- Interface other opensource command-line software (mainly for remeshing and photogrammetry: OpenMVS, Colmap, OpenMVG...)
- Support for Eevee, Blender 2.8, and .gltf format
- Thumbnails from easy local PBR materials browsing
- Direct preview of HDRIs from HDRIhaven.com
- Browse DIY online libraries of lowpoly assets through a blend4web application
- In a few weeks/months: Allow features requests, and external contributions
- Reasonable suggestions?
Please, keep in mind that this is an early "night-time" project of mine, which still has some bugs, and lacks documentation. But I'm currently working on this matter and creating its associated content, so make sure to stay tuned for updates!