Here are the notes from today's developer meeting.
1) New Features and Changes
- EEVEE added overscan support, to render a bit more pixels for better screen space effects.
- EEVEE now fully supports node groups, which had some bugs before.
- The properties editor now has vertical tabs on the side, rather than horizontal in the header.
- The Brushes and tool selection UI is being changed based on feedback from the Grease Pencil team. This is still a work in progress.
- Image empties now have option to display in background and only in perspective/orthographic mode, getting them closer to the old background images. Still more UI work needed here.
- Multi-object editing for curves is mostly complete now.
- The dopesheet editor now has options to display keyframe interpolation and extremes, making it possible to edit animation without opening the curve editor in more cases.
- Keyframes can now be inserted in a way that takes into account cyclic curves.
- Addons ported to 2.8: Scatter Objects, IvyGen, 3D Viewport Pie Menus, Math Vis.
- Many small UI polishing changes.
2) Blender 2.8 Beta Plans
- Bastien: completing and documenting scene and object editing Python API.
- Brecht: left-click select keymap and compatibility with tools system.
- Campbell: completing tools system, especially how it relates to brushes.
- Clément: EEVEE documentation and OpenGL bug fixing.
- Dalai: fixing metaballs bugs and multi-object editing.
- Jacques: completing image empties, helping with drawing API docs if needed.
- Sergey: multiresolution and restoring physics systems.
- Philipp: triaging and fixing bugs in the tracker.
3) Weekly Reports