Pierre Schiller writes:
The general workflow goes like this (you can see it on the first minute recap on the video):
- Create a vertex, use the skin modifier, (E)xtrude and form a tree-like shape
- Use the displacement modifier to create irregular shapes
- Use another displacement modifier to create bulge blobs
- Create a Curve. Use the CURVE deform modifier on the goo object
- The goo object will deform to curve. Add a lattice in the scene.
- Use the Lattice Modifier on the goo object.
- Use the Simple deform modifier on the lattice. Animate it. Use Twist.
- Select goo object. Animate scale in timeline.
- Create Markers in TIMELINE (M). Create cameras.
- Select desired camera at desired (marked) frame.Bind (CTRL+B) on active marker frame to switch cameras on render.
I also talk about 2.79 and 2.8 tools specially Grease Pencil and how you can use it for more than drawing. If you like this tutorial, let me know by sharing it! Thanks.