Pierre Schiller writes:
Grease Pencil has a lot of amazing great features. The fact that future exporting to .json for 2D sprite videogames support, leaves most of the competition in consideration. Blender 2.8 beta pre-release will be presented in the BlenCon held this month of October in Amsterdam.
Here are some key features we await:
- Closer rigging system between 3D and 2D
- Morphing targets
- Blending modes in the Effects Panel
- Custom properties driven by Grease Pencil parameters (Think GP GUIs!!)
- Video Strip Editor (VSE) ability to include Storyboarding and layout animatics with direct
- GreasePencil object integrations!
More features to confirm about integration to be announced on the BCon this year.