With many thanks to the blender community, especially Albin Merle for allowing us to use his render of a honey bee (which he did using the latest release of crowdrender), we're proud yet humbled at the same time, to present V0.1.5.
This is our latest version of our distributed rendering addon (or network rendering addon if you prefer) for Blender. Use it to harness the power of many computers to accelerate rendering, especially with cycles!
You can travel over to our website to download it now for free. All you need to do is to create an account by registering and you'll have access to the latest version.
Our latest offering has some improvements you may like, here's some of the highlights
- You can now see and select GPU cards or the CPU to render on individual render nodes. So you can control this remotely for each node
- You can now resync a node individually, without forcing all the other nodes to resync. This means if all other nodes are in sync, they won't require uploading. You can still force upload to all of them though if you need to.
- A much improved file transfer service which can deal much better with multiple nodes, is faster and more efficient when uploading blend files or downloading image tiles.
- Uses much less CPU and has far less UI lag than the previous version
- Plus a slew of stability improvements to stop crashes and errors
We hope you'll enjoy V0.1.5 more than ever!