You're blocking ads, which pay for BlenderNation. Read about other ways to support us.

Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-05-14


Here are the notes from today’s 09 UTC (10 CET) meeting in #blendercoders.

Blender 2.80

  • Ton Roosendaal raise the question on when to merge to master. It is
    important for developers outside of Amsterdam to know when the merge
    happens. He will be sure this is discussed this week as part of discussing
    the 2nd half of the code quest.
  • Dalai Felinto mentions that the task force video last week was a big
    success, however patch review and committing it is still consuming
    considerable time. If a developer with commit access that wants to help
    with this, please contact him or Campbell Barton.
  • Pablo Vazquez posted in the code blog about the (multi-object) task force.

Google Summer of Code

  • Ton Roosendaal made a first overview/dashboard: It is still missing short descriptions. He will send students instructions about the weekly updating and reports.
  • Brecht Van Lommel will create the branches today.
  • If students can't start yet, we would still like a weekly report on Friday even if to say "Busy with university exams, agenda will be free on...". Ton will write to the mailing-list with more details.

Code quest links

About Author

Bart Veldhuizen

I have a LONG history with Blender - I wrote some of the earliest Blender tutorials, worked for Not a Number and helped run the crowdfunding campaign that open sourced Blender (the first one on the internet!). I founded BlenderNation in 2006 and have been editing it every single day since then ;-) I also run the Blender Artists forum and I'm Head of Community at Sketchfab.

1 Comment

Leave A Reply

To add a profile picture to your message, register your email address with To protect your email address, create an account on BlenderNation and log in when posting a message.