TexTools is a free addon for Blender with a collection of UV and Texture related tools. Back in 2009 I released the Original TexTools for 3dsMax. This is my first blender addon and it is at an early development phase. More features will be added in the future.
- Align Edge. Aligns the UV island to the current UV edge selection
- Rotate 90. Rotate the UV island 90 degrees and align to previous bounds
- Align Verts/Faces. Align selected edges/ verts to the bound's direction. Or align UV islands in face mode to the bounds direction.
- Sort H/V. Align, sort and line up UV islands horizontal or vertical in one action.
- Iron Faces. Unwraps selected viewpoert faces Face mode into a single UV island. This is often a quicker approach of unwrapping as opposed to marking the boundary edges (mark seams).
- Select similar. Selects similar UV islands based on the UV island input selection and matching UV Island topology.
- Select Overlap. Collects all UV islands that overlap each other and select of each group all except for one island.
- Select Island Bounds. Selects the edge bounds of all UV Islands in the 3D viewport.
- Checker Map. Assigns a checker map to the selected object or cycles through 2 checker maps. When a checker map is assigned it changes the view to texture mode.
- Reload Textures. Reload all textures in the current blend file