Aaron Carlisle writes:
Hello fellow Blenderers here is a short list of what has happened in the development in Blender this week.
To read more and to see the links for more details please see the full post here.
- Add select similar custom bone shape rBcd1d9950
- Mikktspace/Cycles: Speed up the merging of identical vertices (speeds up rendering) rB119846a6
- Cycles: Add per-tile render time debug pass rB40f528a7
- Cycles: Add Volume Direct and Volume Indirect passes for volume-scattered light rBa0c02e4d
- Fix UV Projection Center Calculation rB759b50b2
- Remove default ‘Clear loc/rot/scale delta transform’ shortcuts rB556b13f0
- Fix AMD Threadripper rendering performance issues. rB55696b56
- Cycles: Make per-object random value output also work for Lamps rB212a8d9e
- BMesh Py API: Expose color alpha rBaae8e211
- Eevee: SSS: Add cubic profile for the sake of completeness. rB936ddde3
- Eevee: SSS: Add SSS to the principled shader rBfcbb8e71
- Eevee: SSS: Add Christensen-Burley diffusion profile rB57c3fbd3
- Draw Manager: Support for Metaball Drawing rB88c88c46
- Eevee: Add SSS objects to probe rendering rBe70c563a
- Eevee: SSS: Add Quality settings rB289f9f42
- Eevee: Initial Separable Subsurface Scattering implementation rBf8b14305
- Enable antialiasing while drawing rBe6a0b442
Smooth Strength and Thickness properties too rB0b7c2ef2
- Improve subdivide stroke while drawing rBaaed5779
- Check minimum tablet pressure rB5819ab66
- Cleanup UI and unused fields rB330febba
- New Smooth modifer rB8b97a539
- Remove smooth lower limit rB541d7415
- Smooth Thickness and Strength rB333e32e0
- Re-enabled bubble rise factor and some small snd particles fixes rB91ef5780
- Operator for generating hair follicles of the fur modifier rBc8ef6904
- Cycles: Speed up split kernel builds by splitting svmevalnodes out of direct_emission functions D2916
- Notifier system (event publish/subscribe) D2917
- Temporary fix for T53257: Too many color management transforms to display in the menu D2918
- SceneRenderLayer Removal/Refactor D2919
- Add initial UDIM support to BlenKernel, Image Editor and Cycles D2921
Please, fix a link!
Currently you posted: https://thisweekinblenderdev.github.io/2017-11-11.html
But it should be: https://thisweekinblenderdev.github.io/2017-11-18.html
Sorry about that link, I've updated it! o/
Great info, but I think the link should be pointing here (https://thisweekinblenderdev.github.io/2017-11-18.html) instead of here (https://thisweekinblenderdev.github.io/2017-11-11.html). :)
Oh, programming god bless you for UDIM support!
"Cycles: Add Volume Direct and Volume Indirect passes for volume-scattered light"