Here are the notes from today's 8 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 23 Oct, 16 UTC
1) Blender 2.79 release
- 2.79a is needed, but not urgently, so meeting agreed on waiting after
BConf to do it. Also, as a reminder, only trivial or safe fixes shall be
backported from master to blender-2.79-release branch.
- Help from other devs to triage, backport and test commits from master
into 2.79 would be appreciated, a separated email will be sent to
bf-commiters later with details on that topic.
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- Not much to report, works keeps on going.
- Campbell Barton did tool system proposal (with proof of concept
patch). Weekly notes.
- Bastien Montagne keeps working on the asset management system, among
other things, added initial drag-and-adrop linking. Weekly notes.
- Sergey Sharybin had a small week. Weekly notes.
- Joshua Leung reminds that the advanced new Grease Pencil work shall be
merged in main 2.8 branch in comming days.
3) Other projects
- Nothing mentioned here, aside from Sergey noting that he will take
down development.blender.org server some time this week (probably this
tuesday) to do some maintenance work.
Enjoy reading these updates . . . even if they seem minimal (which they aren't). Hats off to the developers and testers for continuing to keep B3D on top! Thanks!!
I'm also a huge fan of this reports.
Addon material Matlib VX does not work in 2.79
Is any one else experiencing a delay in regards to view port and material preview regeneration with 2.79? It has been doing it on my projects big and small.