You dream to be able to pause Blender animation render?
Your GPU rendering take away too many PC's resources?
You would like to use computer and don't stop render manually?
Your dream comes true!
"Render when idle" is an add-on for Blender that can start render animation when OS is idle (the mouse is inactive)
Note this addon doesn't pause the rendering process! This addon stops rendering via pyautogui module if Blender detects mouse activity or continue it if Blender detects mouse inactivity
How it works:
- After click the Render button the addon will start waiting when the mouse will be inactive
- Render will start if Blender detects mouse inactivity within 3 seconds
- Render will be stopped if Blender detects mouse activity
- Render will be continued from the stop frame if Blender detects mouse inactivity again
- Render will be not started if mouse will be placed on Blender window edge
- To stop the addon make it "not watching" (click corresponding button)
- If the user will click window minimize button than render process will be RWI-paused. The render will be continued after blender window will be showed. For this feature was developed the "backlash zone" - if the cursor will be placed on blender window edge then render process will not start
- If blender window will cease to be active and will not be minimized, then the RWI can't watch for the cursor, so the user will have to stop the RWI and click RWI "Render" button again
- The users can setup the idle time on the RWI preferences in the Blender User Preferences ("Waiting times" field)
How to install:
- install "Render when idle" addon on the Add-ons tab in the Blender User Preferences from downloaded archive;
- enable "Render when idle" addon;
- use "Render when idle" addon panel on the Render tab on the Properties area.