It looks like Blender 2.79 RC 1 will be released this Wednesday!
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.79 release
- Release log in progress.
- There's a splash! As usual it's a surprise until committed :)
- We're ready for the Release Candidate this week. Probably wednesday.
- End of the week SIGGRAPH starts in Los Angeles. We will be showing 2.79RC and the 2.8 branch.
2) Blender 2.8 project
- The usual Monday morning team meeting will have more details about 2.8 progress.
- Bastien Montagne agreed on writing a code blog update report on his work on Assets in Blender. (And "Overrides", linking, referencing, etc)
3) Google Summer of Code, other projects
- The coming week is the 2nd evaluation, projects are now on 2/3rd of the process. Please join the SOC mailing list to get all the details.
- Tristan Porteries' proposal to use Eevee shaders in the BGE has not resulted in a generally agreed working plan yet. It might lead to code redundancy or limited (or differently working) results.
More discussion or reviews of the proposal is needed. We might need to accept his proposal as first step?
New RC this week! Sweet!
By your estimation when do you think Blender 2.79 would be released after the RC? And is there a way I can get a notification specifically for Blender 2.79 upon its release?
There's no way to tell; sometimes one RC is enough to get rid of all the bugs, while sometimes we need several. With the core team being at SIGGRAPH this week I don't think anything will happen this week. And yes, as always I'll post about the new release here :)
I have a imported complex Modell that crashes the 2.79 that i downloaded.
In EDIT-Mode - just the modell without Material. It just ends the program without an error.
Now i went back to 2.78 and it works so far.
BlenderNation is not the best place to report bugs - better go to https://developer.blender.org/
Can't be that i am the only one?
Is there a recommended way to report problems?