Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.79 release
- Test build 2 ready!
- The first 2.79 release candidate then can be made after next Sunday, just in time for Siggraph.
- Release log is shaping up. Thanks Brecht van Lommel and Vuk Gardašević (lijenstina):
- Tracker, tracker, tracker! Everyone help!
2) Blender 2.8
- Everyone's very happy with the attention for the 2.8 viewport project! Keep the demos coming.
- We expect more demos and feedback on the new workspaces, layers, depsgraph, grease pencil, asset manager and manipulators in the coming months.
- Freestyle for 2.8 - Ton Roosendaal will check with Tamito Kajiyama.
- Tomorrow the crew will send a detailed 2.8 planning/report, as usual.
3) Google Summer of Code
- Reminder: if you need test builds, any committer use buildbot to make a build with a patch.
- In a week reviews for the 2nd evaluation starts. Students should be able to show first working prototypes or tests. Share screenshots or (youtube) videos on your wiki!