Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.79 planning
- Planning proposal: June 4: BCon4, ends with test build. June 18 or 25: The first Release Candidate
- Bugs bugs bugs! Looks like we have to assign the core developers to this again... at least to get the release stable. Note however, each person who contributed to 2.79 should be kept responsible for his/her area to help fixing.
- Also on todo: release logs. Again people committed features without release log info
or demo files.
- OpenColorIO library had a performance fix, waiting for new libs to build for the platforms.
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- Mike Erwin: now that we're at GL 3.3 core profile, can we delete the legacy parts?
Will send questions & plans to bf-viewport list.
3) Google Summer of Code and other projects
- Students will get an invitation this week for the student mailing list. Tom Musgrove volunteered to make the wiki dashboard page, similar to the 2016 one.
- Alexander Gavrilov (angavrilov) has patch ready for much better auto-handle insertion.
Is going to be tested, animators welcome! Main topic is if we need to keep compatibility
(if this even gives any problems).
- Kevin Dietrich wrote notes about a new Node System.