DECALmachine is a blender addon - a set of tools to simplify and automate working with mesh based decals, which in turn facilitates quick design thinking, iteration and exploration. It does all that in a very non-committal, non-destructive way.
- new integrated asset/decal loader (unselect all + press 'd')
- new custom decal creation guide
- use decals on flat surfaces and project them on curved surfaces
- 'cut' decal panel lines in a boolean-like manner
- parallax adds convincing depth to normal mapped decals
- retain sharp details at all scales, independent of texture resolution
- decal and panel UV creation is automatic and base meshes don't need UVs
- change panel decal width and panel type after a panel has been 'cut'
- change the panel decal shape and direction after it has been 'cut'
- retrieve the original un-pojected decal sources at any time
- retrieve the cutters of panel decals at any time
- material cutting and material decals
- separate decal subset materials
- separate panel materials for each side side and panel flipping to switch those sides
- match decals to target materials
- panel unwrapping for custom drawn or modified panel decals
- quickly rotate decals in 45 degree steps without leaving face snapping
- 104 decal assets supplied