More Cycles performance improvements are coming your way! That and more in today's developers meeting notes.
Here are the notes from today's 15 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Targets for Blender 2.79
- Planning and targets list.
- OpenHMD: a test build will become available, but waits for a small fix.
- Sergey Sharybin: Cycles OpenCL updates (GPU, AMD) updates have been merged in master. Kudos to Mai Lavelle for the good job.
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- Campbell Barton sent a first '101' doc to the UI list. See doc. Please join the UI developer list to give feedback.
- Dalai Felinto reports good progress on the 'upgrade opengl' project.
- Campbell works on a replacement of OpenGL 'picking' for selecting, an approach that allows Z-sorted arrays of all elements under the mouse pointer or any border. This is in master now, User Preferences toggle under GL Select.
3) Other projects and GSoC
- Call for mentors! If you are available to mentor students and review applications, contact Bastien Montagne, Sergey or Ton Roosendaal.
- Tom Musgrove coordinates the promotion of Blender GSoC everywhere. For example: make gifs to share on Twitter or Facebook. "Best 3D coding summer job for students, go to blender.org". Or something funnier :)