Ice Tools Pro is another add-on to help you with retopology and hard surface modeling.
What is the Ice Tools Pro?
It is an addon specialized for assisting in retopology work and creating relatively light non-subd hard surface assets.
Well, telling a story even in a still scene can be a very time consuming and difficult process. Most of us like to start with or utilize characters (humans, creatures etc.) and this takes skill and hard work. Afterwards, you may have already spent all that creative energy and have none left for shaping their world. Because, let's face it, an environment adds a lot to the story much like hair does to your bald characters.
What is needed is a tool to quickly handle the issue but also without adding to the creative stress.
Enter the Ice Tools Pro.
What can it do?
- Quickly generate relatively low res, detailed 3d objects to create or fill a 3d scene for rapid storytelling.
- Features a non-destructive hard surface modelling workflow.
- Reduces the headache of dealing with wires to create complicated shapes.
- Uses "Material Groups" to easily shade and texture your creation for a production ready asset in no time.
- Modular details via Boolean objects means you can edit or remove them anytime you wish.
- Includes edit mode functions like the Simple Plane generator and the Ghost Knife to quickly generate Boolean stencils to shape your 3d model.
- It can also be used for re-topology and can greatly accentuate any modelling tasks.
Pro and Contra in comparison to HardOps?
I'm looking for someone to review this for me so we can answer this. Anyone interested to help?
this someone will have to buy both plugins to make a good review...
Just for a review you need only one tool. For a comparison you'd need to own all three yes..
Yes, the question was about the comparison.
Why three? The plugins in question are HardOps and Ice Tools Pro, there is some another similar plugin?
I was thinking Retopo Flow too?
I think is more like "Retopo Flow" VS "bsurfaces" and "HardOps" VS "Ice Tools Pro"...
Anyway, I can probably get a free review copy but arranging all three for a comparison might be a bit more difficult :)
Indeed... anyway didn't you think of adding some "comparison" categorie to the site? for some kind of comparison videos. the two biggest problems of the open-source is either a lack of some tool, either - existence of too many similar tools and forks of each over, situation when it takes to much time to find the best (or at least the one who works...)
@LDCO I don't have the capacity to produce those myself, but if volunteers are willing to create them I'll happily create such a category!
So, has the review been done?
I would like to get one of these addons, but don't know wich one.