2.78 is the release that just keeps giving! This is a bugfix release that fixes some minor but important issues.
Fixed in 2.78c
- Fix for wrong render result of hair with BVH motion steps
- Fix compilation error of GLSL viewport when using Light Path node
- Fix wrong Brick texture in material viewport
- Fix crash with material preview and image sequences
- Fix T50512: Linked Background scene with animation not updating with new depsgraph
- Fix T50687: Cycles baking time estimate and progress bar doesn't work / progress when baking with high samples
- Fix T50748: Render Time incorrect when refreshing rendered preview in GPU mode
- Fix wrong render results with texture limit and half-float textures
- Fix Cycles still saving render output when error happened
for some reason i can not follow any link directly here on blendernation today.
not on Microsoft Edge on Windows, and not with Mozilla Firefox in Ubuntu.
i only can open the link as a new browser tab.
is that normal?
PS.: and while typing in the email addres on the formular i can not type in the 'at' on a german keyboard.
as soon i press the AltGr key to compose th at '@' character, the feild content disapear.
i mean only those links listed under "Links" directly under the article and above the "ABOUT AUTHOR".
Confirmed, I'm seeing it now too. I'll look in to it right away. For now, try right clicking and select 'open in new tab'.
seems to be fixed now... at 17:36
they fixed half-float textures.. awesome!
I was using some half floaties, alonside with fully floating ones.. and my render results looked bad. I mean, the idea was there.. and I could see the potential of the image. but when I hit render, it wasn't really what I was aiming for. it wasn't the image what I had envisioned. I felt sad.. I was in total artistic block.. maybe I'm not up for this, I just can't produce art anymore...
but now.. it all makes sense.. and wow!