Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Happy new year! 2017 will be the year of 2.8, exciting times ahead.
Below are the notes from today's 15 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.8 projects
- Lukas Toenne restored particles/hair code in the 2.8 branch. Sergey Sharybin and Bastien Montagne will work on partially restructuring it, to work with new depsgraph and to make it simpler to replace by a node system later.
- Physics (for example fracture modifier): we need good way to generalise internally generated data and external caches. A topic for the physics team to work on: Sergey, Bastien, Martin Felke, Luca Rood, Alexander Gavrilov will connect about this to align design well.
- Antonio Vazquez worked on Palettes in Blender. He will need help getting animation support for it.
2) Other projects
- It's 2017, so we can talk about an update release (2.79). Let's gather topics here.
- Suggested for an update release are:
- Cycles update for Cuda/Intel/AMD fixes and optimizations
- OpenHMD support (VR)
- GSoC projects
That's it for now, next week more!