Reynante Martinez just shared a bit update of his 'Cycles Material Vault'. The new release adds a bunch of new features as well as a general speedup of the add-on.
Just in time for the Christmas season, The Cycles Material Vault just got better and faster!
After several months of development and testing, we're very pleased to release the Cycles Material Vault addon.
- materials thumbnail selection
- categorized materials
- one-button material assignment
- auto assign material
- previous and next button
- environment setup (for previewing and testing)
- bonus assets and models (for previewing and testing)
- warning messages and info
And some changes to CMV in general:
- removed templates folder
- .blends are all now in materials folder
- materials are now distributed to their own .blend files
- huge speed improvements
- fabric materials are now using UV mapping
- new hdris bonuses folder
- includes 2K HDR images from www.hdrihaven.com
If you're an existing CMV owner, this update should be sent to you automatically. If you're interested in CMV, check out the website.
- Reynante Martinez - concept and design
- John Roper - coding and development
- Greg Zaal - HDRI Haven texture
- Souvik Karmakar - bonus assets and models
Have fun with CMV and happy materializing! :)