Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here are the notes from the Sunday 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
A short meeting today!
1) Blender 2.78 RC
- The first release candidate is out. Log in progress. (Todo: coders who worked on features, check on good logs, images and example files).
2) Other projects and Blender 2.8
- Meeting proposal: no planning or decisions on 2.79 targets this year, will be agenda topic on first meeting in January. All focus goes to 2.8 work now.
- Ton Roosendaal is still finalising the deal with AMD and interviewing developers for paid work. First goal is still to involve active/current contributors. Contact Ton with ideas or suggestions.
- Bastien and Mike Erwin will be visiting Blender Institute in September. Ton will organise meetings with them and other developers who work(ed) on Blender's viewport or on realtime PBR.
- During Blender Conference there's room for sessions on 2.8 plans as well, to get people together who are interested to help out. A schedule for this will be released later.