Ton shares the notes of the developers meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.75 Release Candidate
- So-far no big showstoppers, but it's possible we do an RC2 this week. Tuesday we decide. But even without RC2 we'd need a week of more tests and fixing.
- Everyone keep testing! Get your old .blends and try it with RC.
- The release logs are still in progress. Everyone who added something in past release should make sure the feature has a log here.
- Splash has color space error (10% oversaturated). Official build will be corrected for it.
- Updated the planning with a 2.75 BCon proposal.
- We'll try to get a SIGGRAPH release ready (sunday 9 august)
- Bastien Montagne has File Browser enhancement project ready.
- Gooseberry targets? Ton Roosendaal will sit down the three Blender Institute devs to discuss it.
- 2.76 could become the "Industry Standard" release, adding these features at once: PTex (Disney), OpenSubdiv (Pixar), OpenVDB (Dreamworks), Alembic (ILM). But OK - probably too much for one release!
3) Other projects
- Martijn Berger proposes to also release Cycles standalone on blender.org. Needs a bit more details filled in still.
- Viewport project: new mailing list gets attention and feedback, not decisions yet.