Ton shares the notes of the developers meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.
Here are the notes from today's 1400 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Upcoming 2.75 release
- A release is very close but some tests and more fixing isn't unwelcome. A couple of
fixes for OpenCL are coming still too. And we wait for a splash still.
- Open FreeStyle bug. Tamito Kajiyama has a mail reminder now.
- Wednesday we can do another review moment (at least by the tracker regulars Campbell Barton, Sergey Sharybin, Bastien Montagne). Either we then do the official RC announcement, or another test build, or wait another few days!
- Question for everyone who reads this: how is the new Stereo/Multiview testing going? We would like to see user reports online.
2) Other projects
- SIGGRAPH: Blender Foundation participates again, plus free tickets. Read more here.
- Ton Roosendaal managed to get hold of two free tickets for the EGSR render conference. All the render brains of the world gathered in one place! Sergey and Thomas Dinges will attend, we're trying to get a third ticket still.
- It's time for the (ir)regular Module teams refresher again. Ton will connect with everyone in person. Purpose would be to re-affirm membership, ask for roadmaps (blog posts), and check how stakeholders get involved.
- Added: Viewport discussion list for developers/designers who want to help out on modernizing the viewport drawing code in Blender.