The Blender Foundation just released Blender 2.74
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Today, the 31st of March, the official 2.74 release has been published.
As usual it's a 100% free software release, also for commercial use!
Aside of improvements in many areas (hair systems, opengl viewport rendering) a lot of work was done on stabilizing and fixing. Quality for users is our prime concern!
And while you're enjoying the release, here's the shortlist of features for the end of May release.
And all of this is no April Fool's joke!
The short overview of this release:
- Cycles got several precision, noise, speed, memory improvements, new Pointiness attribute.
- Viewport has new cool compositing features, outliner now manages orphan datablocks better.
- Modeling now allows custom normals, and transferring data layers between meshes!
- Massive improvements to hair dynamics and editing tools: a big step forward with more to come…
- A new tool “Cavity Mask” was added to sculpting/painting, along with other improvements.
- Great memory consumption optimization in Freestyle NPR stroke rendering.
- Grease pencil and Game engine improvements, and more…