An Argentinean feature film, completely done in Blender, will be playing in theaters around the world!
Juan Pablo Bouza writes:
This week is the "official" World Premier of Cronopios & Famas, the 90 minutes Feature film we did with Blender and other open source programs here in Argentina.
The Blenderheads who participated in creating the movie are Claudio "malefico" Andaur, Guillermo Espertino, Iván Hoffmann, Pablo Lizardo, Manuel Pérez, Darío Tacco, David Teres, Álvaro Vidal and Juan Pablo Bouza. The movie is based on short stories by Julio Cortázar and it features the works of painters such as Luis Felipe Noé, Antonio Seguí and Carlos Alonso.
Here is a list of the places where it will be screening, I don't have much more information than this, so if the screening will take place in your city, try to contact your local theatre:
- August 26 2014: “Homenaje a Julio Cortazar Centenario de su Nacimiento”, India, Cervantes Institute of New Delhi.
- August 28: Nueva York, Chicago and Frankfurt in the Cervantes Institute.
- August 28, 29, 30: Cine Arte Multiplex, Cine Gaumont, Buenos Aires.
- September 2014: Zagreb, Split, Rijeka, Pula y Dubrovnic, Argentinian Embassy and Cineclubs Association of Croatia, Latinamerican Cinema Festival.
- September 26, 27 and 28 2014: Rome, "Ventana Nuevo cine argentino", "Auditorio de la Casa Argentina" Gregorio VII University of Rome.
- October 1 to 8 2014: Lima, Perú. “Ciclo de Cine en Homenaje a Cortázar” Universidad Católica.
- October 2014: Rome, "Auditorio de la Casa Argentina", free entrance the whole month.
- October 2014: International Cinema Festival of Rome.
- November 2014: Manila, Singapur, Cervantes Institute.
- November 2014: "Feria del Libro de Guadalajara", Mexico.
I hope you can all watch it in Bluray format, but I know some cities will be screening it in DVD.
Be expecting more news from this project!
A feature film "completely done with Blender" "and other open source programs"? :)
Congratulations! If it's anything like the book it should be awesome. Look forward to seeing it. :)
Hello my friends !
Congratulation on your project. I remember seeing early tests and it looked promising. I wont get a chance to see it in theatre, but hopefully can see it soon.
Hugs from Switzerland to all the team!
Congratulations! I really look forward to seeing it! :) I hope you release a digital download of it later on, then I'll definately buy it.
So many Cervantes Institutes, and no Spain? Any chance of seeing it online?