Ton Roosendaal just announced the students who will participate in this year's GSoC!
Here are the projects we have in 2014:
- Interactive Quadrilateral Remeshing - Alexander Pinzon. Mentor: Howard Trickey
- Fluid simulation MantaFlow integration - Roman Pogribnyl. Mentor: Nils Thuerey
- Cycles Optimizations - Thomas Dinges. Mentor: Sergey Sharybin
- Viewport FX III - Jason Wikins. Mentor: Antony Riakiotakis
- BGE - Cleanup & Support - Inez Almeida. Mentor: Daniel Stokes
- NURBS Modernization - Jonathan deWerd. Mentor: Sergey Sharybin
- Relative shape keys workflow enhancements - Grigory Revzin. Mentor: Bastien Montagne
Welcome students, and congrats with getting a great summer :)
You'll get contacted all soon about further steps. Meanwhile, I suggest the mentors to already hook up with a student to have the first bonding going on.
For those who wonder - why "only" seven projects: we actually selected 9 very good proposals, but two students also had a proposal accepted at another organization. In both cases we connected about this, and it was clear that the other (smaller) orgs would benefit better from the student's work than we would.
None of these organizations (nor we) had backup students to fill in. Overall, the quantity and quality of proposals this year was lower, but we also selected a bit more strict than last year (15 total).