Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.70 Release update?
- List of fixes so far is huge. Meeting agrees on doing a 2.70a update.
- Some Mac OS X users (10.8 especially) reported slow sculpting in 2.70. This is most likeley related to multithreading (OpenMP) not working then. However, it's unclear still when slowdown happens, and when it is normal. Might well be also related to a specific .blend setup. Jens Verwiebe does a call for careful tests! Compare sculpting speed of 2.69 with 2.70 - and report back when this is same or not. Mentioning OS X version, gfx cards. Provide .blend. You can post reports here too.
- Next sunday meeting we check status again, a 2.70a release might happen on April 10 then.
2) Plans for 2.71
3) Other projects, GSoC
- Reviewing of proposals is in progress, google allows us 2 more weeks before allocating slots to orgs.