The quality of Blender 2.70 RC1 looks quite good so far. Otherwise, a rather quiet meeting.
Thomas Dinges writes:
Here are the notes of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.70
- We did a Release Candidate this week, bug reports are coming in but only 1 smaller regression so far (which is already fixed).
- Decision whether to do a RC2 or final release will be made middle of next week. Sergey will prepare a list with fixes to port back.
2) Current projects
- Antony Riakiotakis works on getting soc-paint-2013 branch ready for 2.71.
- Sergey Sharybin mentions work on multiple distortion models support for the camera tracker, to deal better with the footage from wide-angle cameras. He also works on improved Mask handles.
- General development for 2.71 just started, roadmap and plans need to be done still.
3) Google Summer of Code
- Students can start to apply for a GSoC Blender project tomorrow on Melange. http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014
- It's always a good idea to get in contact with us via the Mailinglist or IRC (#blendercoders, irc.freenode.net) to talk about your proposals and to plan things.
That's it for now,