Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders. We tried to keep it short, lots of interesting code work todo!
1) Blender 2.66 progress
- Sergey Sharybin: Our official linux builds (also on builder.blender.org) are now glibc2.11 only.
- Sergey also completed the Alpha recode, which is in svn now
- Brecht van Lommel worked on hair, refactoring code and getting arbitrary (texture coordinates, vertex color, etc) attributes working on hair.
- Brecht also worked on multiple importance sampling for lamps, an old todo, which should reduce noise on sharp glossy materials. Will be done monday or tuesday. Next on the todo is work on 'ubershader' or displacement.
- Lukas Toenne: the pynode target probably moves to 2.67?
- Bastien Montagne: Freestyle integration is also a 2.67 target now.
- Sergej Reich: work on Bullet integration nearly done, ready for review this week (with end-user docs)
2) Other projects
- Ton Roosendaal experimented with simple and fast GLSL shaders for "matcap" (sphere texture mapped on normals). Works well even with current preview-rendered material icons. Could be used as GLSL-enhance option for standard Solid drawing, for modeling and sculpt. Still experimental.