Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here are the notes from todays meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.65 release
- Release Candidate 2 was released past week.
- Sergey Sharybin is checking on issues with motion tracking, the Eigen library update seems to cause accuracy problems. Sergey will report within a day about this.
- Campbell Barton reports that the latest Python Library in Windows debug builds currently give Assert (controlled crash) on exit. It's only for debug builds, the release would work fine. Suggested is to keep working on it, but not make it showstopper. More info.
- Bug tracker looks very nice - just 54 open issues, and among these several unconfirmed ones and old known issues.
- If all goes according to plan, we will call for a release AHOY tomorrow end of day!
- OSL support for Mac OS X 32 bits will be disabled for release, doesn't work yet. (Also expecting not many 32 bits users will even try or need this).
2) Other projects, and Blender 2.66
- Ton Roosendaal worked in holidays on getting Mac 'retina' (super high resolution) to work. It involved introducing pixel sizes (2x2 sized) and fixing the entire UI drawing to scale well with the DPI setting (was very unfinished).
- Ton's condensed holiday log.
- Bastien Montagne sent patches for the FreeStyle branch to Tamito. He's afraid there's still too much work involved.
- Nicholas Bishop worked on Dynamic Topology sculpting, is good candidate to include in 2.66.