The list up updates in the upcoming MakeHuman V7 is insane :) It also includes a new Blender exporter.
The next mega release of Makehuman Alpha 7 is here.
sporting tons of new features and lots of bug fixes (its still alpha though), MakeHuman now makes creating and sharing of human models even more easier.
some highlights are as below:
- The license has changed in order to provide maximum freedom for artists. All output data is now licensed under CC0 (Wohoo!)
- Application updates include:
- Better models obtained through laser scans
- New polygonal hair library
- Improved teeth model
- New slider buttons
- More accurate morphing system
- New clothes library
- New skins library
- More intuitive ethnic mixer
- Mitsuba and povray integration
- Multilanguage support
- External tools updates include
- New standalone maketarget application
- New makeface script
- New makeclothes script
- New makerig script
- Known issues
- Community updates include
- An online repository for user-contributed skins
- An online repository for user-contributed models
- An IRC channel
- complete list can be found here (mind you its massive)
New Blender functionality:
Introducing make face : Quickly adjust a low-poly mask to edit a target.
new WarpTarget : Warp a morph from a source character to a target character. Presently it is only possible to warp static morphs (i.e. .target files) in Blender, but eventually it should be possible to warp poses on the fly in MH, to adjust them to arbitary characters, including user-defined ones.
updated UV layout
MakeTarget script : The classic MakeTarget for Blender, the main tool to create custom targets, has been further enhanced and fully integrated in Blender 2.6x. New options let you control the helper, check targets, save the setting and more.
New MakeClothes script : Another interesting tool for Blender, which allows you to create new clothes to be included in the library of
New MakeRig software : We can export rigged characters from MakeHuman both in MHX and Collada formats. However, we may want to use the character in some application which has specific rig requirements. For this reasons we developed MakeRig.
Please share your feedback to make it more awesome vide IRC/facebook/twitted/G+/forum etc
Hang tight for next release as it will make this release look puny in front of it