Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's the summary of today's meeting!
1) Blender 2.62 release
- Windows binary: there's a build issue, the new OpenAL lib makes 3D sound fail. Remedy: rebuild the release with original OpenAL. It will be updated on the download page with a short note then. Nathan, are you available?
- Nicholas Bishop fixed a ReMesh Modifier crash on OS X PPC (endian issue).
- Further all seems to be fine; if there's more showstoppers coming we can do an 'a' release, for now we can continue to 2.63 though.
2) Blender 2.63 plans
- Brecht and Campbell propose to make 2.63 a regular 2 month release cycle, they expect it will need this time for maturing and stabilizing. That means we can have a month for including other new features too!
- BCon proposal:
- BCon1: 15 february
- BCon2: 4 march (= release targets are frozen)
- BCon3: 18 march (= all feature mergers were done)
- BCon4: 1 april (only bug fixes from now)
- BCon5: 8 april (ready for release)
- Other 2.62 targets can be added in next 2 weeks, could be masking or other mango stuff too.
- Brecht: work on Cycles during next months; mostly speedup, ramp shader and RGB curves nodes.
3) Other projects
- Ton mentions he had a meeting with Jeroen Bakker, discussing new Compositor (2.64 target) and ideas for (green screen) keying editor in Blender.