Andrew Price uploaded a new on his website BlenderGuru providing an introduction into Cycles.
"With Cycles expected to be merged with trunk any day now, I thought it would be the perfect time to introduce everyone to it.
The tutorial is designed for absolute beginners. You don't need to know a single thing about Cycles to watch it.
In the tutorial you will discover:
- The difference between the internal renderer and Cycles
- Some of the coolest features of Cycles
- How to create your very first Cycles render
- Using lights, materials, textures and bump mapping
- How I made the donut scene
I hope you find it useful :)"